Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reviews On My Books on Spirituality

All,

Thank you for the kind feedback and reviews you have given about my book. I am putting below some of the reviews:


The-Spirit- Of -Spirituality


"I have been an avid consumer of self help books. Post many a read and possibly after reaching the tender reading age of 41, I realize that fiction by great authors steals a march over many of these. After all great fiction does spring from a keen observation of human nature and its vagaries. Even then I find myself going back to self help in the interest of time and in a bid to selfishly absorb and fill the many lacunae in my personality. But I have managed to steer clear of anything on spirituality and the genre, until now.

Though the title says spirituality and its spirit, this book actually is a lucid explanation of concepts. Concepts which are difficult to grasp and tough to incorporate. Just to expand (from a personal thought)- that "There is actually no Past or Future, but only the Present"! You may imagine a huge whiteboard as the present and all past and future events are pegs on the board. I guess we humans find it tough to grasp this, at least I do, since we are so accustomed to thinking linearly and in a continuum.

The book does an great job of explaining such difficult concepts. I am not sure if it tackles this one since I have yet to finish reading it and I will update once its done - but its already explained many more such conundrums which I have to thank the author for.



"The book is very readable and entertaining - at the same time profound. You may not believe everything but that is the essence of spirituality. This is one person's view and interpretation. The chatty style gently cajoles you to believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments for me here.

The Holy Bhagwad Gita - My Journey

Introduction Today, on the auspicious occasion of Gita Jayanti, I am humbly penning down my journey with the Gita.  The celebration of holy ...